Natasha Richardson alive and well at Lennox Hill hospital in Manhattan
MANHATTAN -- Doctors at Lennox Hill Hospital in New York City have brought British actress Natasha Richardson back to life, who had been pronounced dead March 18, 2009. Doctors attempted an experimental cardiac defibrillation that has only been attempted on a human subject twice since 2006 at local labs in Long Island, New York. Doctors had tried this procedure on rats and had an only 4% survival rate.

Liam Neeson was told of this procedure by Doctor Samuel Garfield, who was taking care of Mrs. Richardson during her stay at Lennox Hill Hospital after her ski injury at Mont Tremblant resort at Canada. He had told Liam Neeson of this experimental procedure after "...realizing that this would be a perfect, nothing to lose scenario to try it," Doctor Samuel Garfield told the press. Liam gave him the go-ahead approval to perform the operation on Natasha, which Dr. Samuel Garfield performed himself on Tuesday, March 31, at 11 p.m.

To the layman, this heart defibrillation is basically just a much more severe, intense type of what most people know as basic cardiac defibrillation. It involves a much larger electric current and is sent into the body at different intervals, as well as targeting different areas of the heart. This procedure would instantly kill any living subject, but it was found to restore life to lab rats in 2006 when a Long Island doctor attempted it on a rat that had died in a drug experiment.

Natasha Richardson had fallen on the bunny slope at Mont Termblant resort in Quebec in an attempt to beat up a five-year old snowboarder who had given her a raspberry.

She is currently recovering in Lennox Hill hospital where her husband, Liam Neeson, had been sleeping and drinking heavily in her room before her miraculous recovery Tuesday night. Mr. Neeson and relatives had told the press that Mrs. Richardson was buried in upstate New York, when, in actuality, her body had undergone freezing and was kept safe underground in a perfect state for the procedure. Dr. Garfield told press that it was his idea to have Mrs. Richardson because he was one of the few doctors in the area that was aware of the experimental defibrillation procedure, and he wanted to have the option to try it, after he would supposedly get permission from the hospital to carry out the treatment. Natasha is still unconscious but is expected to wake within the next couple weeks.

Richardson is best known for a Heinz ketchup commercial she did in the late 80s, where she poured ketchup on a burger while the camera visually insinuated that she was pleasuring herself with the bottle.

Stay tuned to BTH for further information.

AuthorAustin Rafter